As one of Europe’s largest pay TV companies and one of the biggest suppliers of mobile phone contracts, broadband and home telephone services in the UK, Sky enjoy a hugely privileged role in many of our lives. Every single day, countless Brits come into contact with Sky’s various services.
Unfortunately, from time to time something goes wrong. It might be with your billing, a chat with a member of their customer service team, an installation error or any other issue, but you’ve decided that you’d like to make an official complaint.
That’s when you need Sky’s ‘how to make a complaint’ page. It’s a one stop destination for all information regarding official complaints to Sky, but for speeds sake, we’re going to replicate the information here.
How can you make a complaint to Sky?
If you’ve decided you’d like to make an official complaint to Sky, you can do so via a number of ways:
- Live chat online with a member of the Sky complaints team about issues with Sky TV, Sky Broadband, Sky Talk, account and billingor Sky iD.
- Call Sky’s complaints department on 03330 041 2655
- Write to: Customer Complaints, Sky Subscriber Services, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD. Remember to include your customer number and return contact details.
What happens next?
Sky will attempt to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, notifying you of what actions they’ve taken to prevent the issue happening again, issuing an apology and making good the situation financially, if applicable.
However, if you believe Sky haven’t satisfied your complaint since you first made the complaint or you’ve received a letter from Sky informing you that your complaint has reached deadlock, you have a right to take your complaint to the Communications Ombudsman Service.
This is an independent body tasked with resolving complaints regarding communications companies like Sky. They will look at your complaint and Sky’s actions and handle the complaint themselves, forcing Sky to take action if they believe it’s necessary.
If you wish to contact the Ombudsman’s Service: Communications, you must do so within 12 months of being notified by Sky of your right to do so. You can contact them in a number of ways:
- By post, by writing to: Ombudsman Services: Communications, PO Box 730, Warrington, WA4 6WU
- By telephone at 0330 440 1614 or 01925 430 049
- By fax at 0330 440 1615 or 01925 430 059
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the website on ombudsman-services.org/communications
For Sky’s main contact number, follow this link